- Show dates Thursday November 7th - Sunday November 10th (until noon) 2019
- Coordinator: Janet Oliver 284-494-6017 (not during show dates) / 284-346-2739 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Host venue: Nanny Cay Hotel & Marina
- Dockmaster: Justin Smit
- Marina Office**: 284-394-2512 Email: email@example.com or VHF Channel 16/68
**NOTE: CYS submits a list of all registered yachts and yacht details to the marina. You DO NOT need to call the marina to reserve a spot. Assigned spaces will be released approximately a week before the show.
ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE dates on your profile are critical to placement on the docks. If you are uncertain, make your best guess and go back to change them at a later date. NOTE: Without dates your yacht will not show up on the list of Registered Yachts nor will we be notified of your registration.
SPECIAL SHOW RATES! Whilst dockage, electricity and water are NOT covered in your registration fees Nanny Cay is offering reduced rates of $1.50/foot per day from November 2nd - 12th. Before entering the marina, be sure to call to confirm your approach. Once secured in your slip go to the marina office to sign in.
IMPORTANT! If you are arriving from outside the BVI, DO NOT enter the marina without first clearing Customs and Immigration.
Visit Nanny Cay Marina for details on other marina fees.
- CYS Member Yachts: $350 (show fee) plus 2020 membership dues
- NEW! CYS Associate Member Yachts: $400 plus 2019 membership dues
- Non Member Yachts: $955
*Joining CYS Member Yacht: 2019 member dues (prorated to 6 months) + $350 + 2020 member dues . (Eg. Winter charter fee: $25000. $400/2 + $400 + $350 = $950)
*Joining CYS Associate Member Yacht: 2019 member dues + $400
Note: All registrations INCLUDE a $10 donation which goes towards the support of the BVI youth sailing programme.
*Full CYS Membership is open to BVI based term charter boats with permanent crew aboard. Dues are based on maximum occupancy winter rates. (Not holiday rates)
*CYS Associate Membership is available to term charter boats with permanent crew aboard, are foreign based but charter in BVI waters. Must meet Virgin Islands Shipping Registry requirements. Dues are based on maximum occupancy winter rates. (Not holiday rates).
Visit About Us to learn more about Associate Membership.
|Charter Fee||0 - $10,000||$10,001 - $20,000||$20,001 - $30,000||$30,001 +|
Late registration after October 1: $100
Yacht Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation must be in writing.
- Yachts cancelling prior to October 1st receive full refund less $50 administration fee.
- Yachts cancelling after October 1st & prior to October 24th receive show fee less $200
- Yachts cancelled on and after October 24th NO refund.
- Charter Yacht Broker Registration
- CYBA Members and BVI Based Brokers: $35
- Non CYBA Members: $50
- Late registration (after October 15th): add $50
- Refer to the payment tab for details
Transportation to the BVI: We have 2 water taxi providers available to transport brokers to the BVI show from St.Thomas. Island Water Taxi and Dolphin Water Taxi are both offering a free ride to brokers. Clearing in and other related fees will still apply. Contact them direct to find out what time they plan to leave St. Thomas. Email Dolphin Shuttle or call 340-774-2628. Email Island Time Water Taxi or call 284-340-0357.
New Brokers: In order, to get the most out of the charter yacht show we require ALL new brokers complete the New Broker Online Course presented by CYBA (Charter Yacht Broker Association).
The course is designed to give you a thorough knowledge of the yacht charter business, and provide a resource for you to refer back to for guidance as your career evolves.” Are you former or soon-to-be former crew? Many of the same have completed the course ahead of you and admit they learnt much more than they thought they would.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE: regardless of the location of our show, our environmental consciousness remains the same. We discourage the distribution of disposable water bottles at our shows. Brokers are encouraged to pack your favourite reusable bottle and we will ensure it never runs dry.
As a non-profit organization we try to minimize extra fees wherever possible therefore we prefer payment by cheque, especially from CYS members. Of course, where necessary we will accept credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD).
Brokers can request a PayPal Invoice if preferred.
Credit Card Authorization Form: Complete form, scan or take a picture and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wire Transfers are also acceptable. Add $15 to cover bank charges.
- Wire Transfer Details
- Banco Popular de Puerto Rico Ponce de Leon, 301 PDA6
- Puerta de Tierra San Juan PR, 00901
- ABA# 0215 020 11 SWIFT CODE: BPPR PRSX
- For credit to: Charter Yacht Society of the BVI
- a/c# 185 304547
- Local Mailing Address:
- Charter Yacht Society
- PO Box 3252
- Road Town, Tortola, BVI VG1110
- International Mailing Address:
- Box 8309 PMB 713
- Cruz Bay, St. John VI 00831
Media: We welcome Media coverage and will work with you to get the best story possible. Email us to indicate your interest. Please be prepared to list the various publications you represent. Thank you for your cooperation.
We have multiple opportunities available to those wanting exposure to the crewed yacht market.
Vendor Village on Opening Night (Thursday Nov 7th) Booth space can be secured for : 1 table: $100 ($85 for those with a display ad in Charter Show Handbook) 2 tables: $175 ($150 for those with a display ad in Charter Show Handbook).
- Includes 6’ table and 2 chairs. We do not provide table cloths.
- Booths are set up on the inside edge of a large tent. The tent is lit however if you desire stronger lighting we recommend you bring additional with you.
- Power is available. We do not provide power cords.
- Set-up must be complete by 5:00 pm. Opening 6 pm
- Non-Exhibiting Vendor: We agree that it is not everyday an entire industry is in one place at one time. And we understand the desire of vendors to seize the opportunity and “walk the dock”, however, in order for us to maintain a quality show, we charge a nominal fee of $75 per person per company ($50 local businesses) for that privilege.
- Payment DOES NOT afford access to events.
- Never interrupt crews engaging with brokers.
- Never board a boat unless you have been invited.
- We ask vendors to wear company branding or identification.