The society represents the organized voice of individual yachts and their crew. The CYS advocates, educates and promotes on behalf of its members. The following privileges are available to every Member of the Charter Yacht Society BVI.
List of Benefits
- We are the only government recognized, non-profit organization representing the unique interests of the crewed yacht industry in the Virgin Islands.
- We participate in government forums and serve on committees dealing with key issues affecting the crewed yacht industry.
- We are industry partners with the BVI Tourist Board thereby benefiting from their global promotions.
- We secure discounts on your behalf at establishments territory wide including marinas, chandleries and telecommunication providers. (see businesses)
- We provide networking relationships with the BVI Marine Association & BVI Chamber of Commerce and Hotel Association. We currently have board representation on both organizations, as well on the Maritime Advisory Board - a Cabinet appointed position.
- We offer individual representation on our website.
- We organize 2 charter yacht shows annually both of which are discounted for members.
- We circulate industry related updates with frequency.
- Where needed we offer personal assistance navigating government channels.
- In 2016, National Health Insurance (NHI) became mandatory for all employees. Payments are made monthly by employer and employee. To find out more about the benefits visit National Health Insurance. Supplemental insurance can be obtained through Caribbean Insurers Ltd
- In addition to National Health Insurance, every employee with a BVI work permit pays into Social Security. You should understand all SSB benefits which cover sickness to employment injury. SSB pays either an age grant or age pension depending on the number of your contributions. To find out more visit Social Security Board
- We offer access to a database of more than 200 international charter yacht brokers